FuelMaker’s full line of Vehicle Refueling Appliances (VRAs) provide an economical
and convenient way to refuel over-the-road or in-plant natural gas vehicles. Four models are available, offering
a wide range of refueling capabilities. All incorporate our proven and patented technologies. Individual models
can be installed separately or together with other FuelMaker VRAs and accessories to meet the refueling needs of
- Low capital cost allows fleets of any size to realize the convenience & economic
benefits of on-site natural gas refueling.
- Proven reliability, with thousands of satisfied customers worldwide.
- Built-in performance monitoring & diagnostics.
- 4,000-hour scheduled service intervals.
- Modular design for easy field servicing.
- Oil-free compression delivers uncontaminated fuel to the vehicle.
- Simple, inexpensive installation and site permit requirements.
- Accommodates applications for time-fill, fast-fill, or both.
- Indoor and outdoor refueling options.
- Quiet, automated and simple to operate.
- Certified as an appliance by the Canadian Gas Association, American Gas Association
(International Approval Services) and other leading agencies around the world.
- Automatic shut-off in the event of a leak, hose damage or inadvertent drive-away.
- Electronic self-diagnostics to constantly monitor the VRA’s operation, such as
inlet pressure, outlet pressure, operating temperature and running time and to • automatically shut down the refueling
process if any abnormalities or faults are detected.
- Automatic electronic ambient temperature/pressure compensation to prevent overfilling
of the vehicle cylinder.
- Many redundant electronic and mechanical measurement controls to ensure long
periods of safe, unattended, reliable operation.
Users of the FuelMaker System will appreciate how easy it is to operate. Under
the time-fill method, initiating the refueling process is as simple as connecting the hose nozzle to the vehicle
receptacle. From that point on, everything is automatic, including the shutdown of the system when the vehicle’s
fuel cylinder is full. Time-fill refueling takes place overnight or any other time the vehicle is not in use -
Fast-fill refueling can be accomplished by using the FuelMaker fast-fill storage system. In this application, any
number of VRAs are connected together to compress natural gas into a bank of storage cylinders, which is then dispensed
to the vehicle. This allows most vehicles to be refueled in just a few minutes.